4/22/2013

30+ All-Purpose Quotes from Princess Bride


As any Princess Bride fan will tell you, few movies have yielded so many quotes that are useful in so many contexts.   Believe me, a true fan can work at least one of the following into just about any conversation.

  1. When I was your age, television was called books.
  2. Probably some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night, in eel-infested waters...
  3. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
  4. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  5. There's not a lot of money in revenge
  6. This is true love - you think this happens every day?
  7. Thank you; I've worked hard to become so
  8. My way's not very sportsman-like.
  9. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
  10. Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe
  11. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"!
  12. You *are* the brute squad
  13. There will be blood tonight!
  14. Good night.... Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
  15. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
  16. You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?
  17. We are men of action; lies do not become us
  18. If we only had a wheelbarrow, now that would be something.
  19. Mawiage. Mawiage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawiage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
  20. Life is pain .... Anyone who says differently is selling something.
  21. Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
  22. Please understand I hold you in the highest respect.
  23. Rest well and dream of large women.
  24. The Pit of Despair!
  25. Do you hear that, Fezzik? That is the sound of ultimate suffering.
  26. You warthog-faced buffoon.
  27. Murdered by pirates is good.
  28. I'm not a witch, I'm your wife
  29. Have fun storming the castle!
  30. Is this a kissing book?
  31. Inconcievable!
  32. As you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment