I've organized my ideas into categories (Events; Services; Things You Can Sell; Merchant Teaming; Seasonal/Holiday), each of which I'll address in a separate blog entry.
Today's blog entry is devoted to SERVICES. Selling services can be a great fundraiser because primary expense is human capital, so you get to keep ~100% of what you make. To maximize profit, pick something that you can charge a lot for (yardwork), or that you can repeat throughout the year (babysitting/parents night out), or that folks will pay not to have to do themselves (gift wrapping).
- Babysitting/ parents night out
- Event support. Theaters, festivals/fairs, stadiums, parks, conference centers, seasonal events like Festival of Lights, Egg Roll or Pumpkin Patch, etc. -- OR some major venues have established programs where they recruit local non-profit organizations to staff various functions in return for sizable donation.
- Car wash
- Gift wrapping
- Singing telegrams
- Yardwork. Spreading mulch, raking, mowing.
- Delivery service. Deliver pizzas during the Superbowl, or flowers on Valentines Day, or special gift mugs on Administrative Assistant Day.
- Concession sales. Sell concessions at sporting events, community events, shows, etc. Sell popcorn, cotton candy at fairs and parades. Sell warm things at cold events/cold things at warm events
- Customized artwork - caricatures, customized pictures (homes, children, pets)